Event Date – June 16, 2018 – 9:00 AM
Louisville MSD proudly sponsors Ohio River Sweep with the Ohio River Valley Sanitation Commission (ORSANCO), LG&E and Louisville Water. Ohio River Sweep is one of the largest annual environmental cleanups in the United States.
On June 16, 2018, thousands of volunteers will remove tons of trash and debris. This cleanup encompasses the entire length of the river, from its origin in Pittsburgh, PA to its end in Cairo, IL, including nearly 3,000 miles of shoreline and many tributaries.
We will host our seven cleanup sites in Jefferson County.
An MSD employee will coordinate each site, supplying volunteers with gloves, trash bags and a commemorative T-shirt. Feel free to attend the cleanup site of your choice:
- Hays Kennedy Park — 7003 Beachland Beach Road
- Juniper Beach Area — Harrods Creek Fire Department, 5230 Upper River Road
- Carrie Gaulbert Cox Park — 3730 River Road
- Eva Bandman Park — 1701 River Road
- Karen Lynch Park — 1731 Brownsboro Road
- Shawnee Park — W Market Street, between Northwestern Parkway and Fontaine Landing Court
- Riverview Park — 8202 Greenwood Road (Greenwood Road and Cane Run Road)
Register now for Ohio River Sweep 2018!
Learn more at http://www.orsanco.org/river-sweep/