Cool Roof Rebate Program | The Louisville Metro Office of Sustainability is pleased to announce the launch of its Cool Roof Rebate Program, providing rebates to property owners of $1 per square foot of cool roof installed, with a goal of incentivizing at least 100,000 square feet of cool roofs. Applications will be accepted beginning on March 20, 2017 and the program will continue until funds are depleted.
Residential Buildings | The Office of Sustainability is offering $1 per square foot for new or retrofit steep-slope and flat or low-sloped1 cool roofs up to the maximum rebate of $2,000 for residential buildings, including multi-family.
Non-residential Buildings | The Office of Sustainability is offering $1 per square foot of new or retrofit flat or low-sloped cool roofs up to the maximum rebate of $5,000 and for steep-sloped cool roofs up to the maximum rebate of $10,000.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Roofing products must be certified by the Cool Roof Rating Council or ENERGY STAR
- Roof is installed/applied by a licensed contractor
- Roof is over an air conditioned space (flat or low-sloped cool roofs only)
- Can be either a coating applied over an existing roof system or a new waterproofing membrane that meets the certified performance specifications (flat or low-sloped cool roofs only)
- Property owner must be the applicant for the rebate
- Property must be located in Jefferson County
- Business entities receiving funds must comply with requirements of the Louisville Metro Revenue Commission and be registered with the Human Relations Commission .
- The subject property shall not be subject to Louisville Metro liens and shall be current in the payment of all property taxes
Rebates will be distributed after roof installation and upon receipt of:
- Cool Roof Rebate Application and accompanying documentation
- Purchase receipt
- Photos of completed installation
- Contractor-signed documentation of roof size
- Brand and name of shingle or roofing product installed
Documentation must be submitted within six months of project completion or Certificate of Occupancy, or funds will be forfeited.
To apply for rebates from the Office of Sustainability’s Cool Roof Rebate Program, applicants should complete the online application or email a completed application along with a completed W-9 to email@example.com. The Office of Sustainability’s cool roof incentive funds are available on a first-come first-served basis. Applications may be submitted before the project is completed, but funds will not be dispersed until project completion.
 Steep-sloped roofs have a surface slope more than 16.7% (9.5 degrees). Low-sloped roofs have a surface slope less than 16.7% (9.5 degrees). A flat cool roof can be either a coating applied over an existing roof system or a new single-ply waterproofing membrane.